Junior DevOps Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Fitness and wellness businesses make this world a healthier and happier place. Between yoga studios, gyms, boot camps, and boutique studios, there is something for everyone. But today, the technology which powers them — is broken. The existing suite of software is clunky, difficult to use, faces regular outages, and offers poor support.
We’re changing that.
Bookee is the most complete software for fitness & wellness businesses. We bring together scheduling, memberships, payments, marketing, payroll — everything on one platform and automate it. Our goal is to replace ten different tools they use today with one almighty.
So that they can focus on what they love — making people healthy and happy.
What you'll do
- Providing 24/7 support for the production environment and ensuring uptime of the application
- Deploying, operating and ensuring the availability of the services
- Building, operating, maintaining, and improving Bookee's application infrastructure
- Collaborating with developers and other team members to ensure services are secure, reliable, maintainable and scalable
- Troubleshooting and fixing critical issues in the production environments, delivering solutions, and providing root cause analysis while recommending, influencing, and implementing solutions to operational problems
What you'll need
- 1+ years of working in DevOps for a product company
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP
- Experience with containerisation technologies (Docker) and microservices
- Experience in any scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring infrastructure (e.g., Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Cloudwatch, DataDog etc)
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Debian-based operating systems (Nginx, Apache)
- Familiar with database and caching technologies (MariaDB, MySQL, Redis etc.)
Why choose Bookee over other career opportunities
You like to be a core member of a small team vs somebody in a large team.
You want to be a leader. And you can't wait 3 years for it.
You like working with warm and kind people.
Why to NOT choose this role ⛔️
If you like to work under guidance. Unfortunately, we are a small team where everyone is a leader in their role. We will connect you with the best people globally where you need help. But still, the buck stops with you.
If you track your productivity in hours you worked, instead of the outcome you delivered.
What you get
Freedom: Choose how you want to build.
Ownership: Guide the product and its features to success.
Growth: Leverage our network of mentors from top companies like Meta, CleverTap, Freshworks, etc.
Exposure: Front row seats to building and scaling a venture-funded startup.
Our history and background
Our leadership team has worked at elite organizations and startups like JP Morgan, Shiprocket, and MagicPin; and is passionate about making physical and mental health more accessible.
We have raised over $3.2 million in venture capital from Antler; founder of FusionCharts (Pallav Nadhani); and leaders from companies like Meta, Gitlab, Freshworks & CleverTap.
Website - https://www.bookeeapp.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/bookeeapp/