Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Django/Python)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, January 2, 2024
At Bookee, engineering is more than just writing code. We are a highly analytical team that along with the drive to jump over technical barriers, also loved to build creative solutions for our customers.
In Jun 2022, we raised $3 million from top VCs and SaaS angels
More than 95% of our users are based in the US
More than 90% of our users switched to Bookee from the current market leader
What you get
Freedom: Choose how you want to build.
Ownership: Guide the product and its features to success.
Growth: Leverage our network of mentors from top companies like Meta, CleverTap, Freshworks, etc.
Exposure: Front-row seats to building and scaling a venture-funded startup.
About the role
As our Backend Engineer, you'll take the wheel in writing scalable APIs as well as the design, strategy, and quality of software development. You'll build and maintain a clean code base, collaborating with the front-end team in creating great experiences for our customers. The cherry on top: your efforts will contribute to helping fitness businesses across the world in managing and growing their business.
What you'll do
- Own design, strategy, and quality of software development for your team
- Translate objectives into iterative MVPs, evaluate, and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design
- Design & develop highly scalable, reliable, secure, and fault-tolerant systems and code base with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to learn and share best practices
- Research new technologies and tools to improve your own products and processes
- Exercise high ownership and initiative
What you'll need
- At least 1 year of experience working in a funded startup
- At least 2 years of relevant software development experience; hands-on experience in designing and implementing low latency Django REST framework with knowledge of Python and Django.
- Proficiency in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns, and software best practices
- Experience in web development.
- Experience in working on a SaaS product (preferred)