Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
We're looking for talented and motivated student interns to help us build and scale the world's first calculation workflow management platform!
The construction sector wastes billions of dollars on design errors yearly, and material wastage on building sites is one of the most significant contributors to global emissions.
We believe these key issues plaguing the sector can be addressed with better design processes and better data management tools for engineers. That's why we’re building CalcTree!
CalcTree is a platform designed from the ground up to help engineers better manage their calculations and for engineering teams to more effectively and consistently create sustainable and innovative designs.
We're a remote-first, VC-backed startup, and are now looking for talented people to join our team as we build out the platform.
As an engineering intern at CalcTree, you'll be working closely with our resident structural engineer and COO, Tim Rawling. You'll help him structure and build out our engineering data repository that will feed directly into the CalcTree product and be used by thousands of engineers around the world.
You’ll also work closely with our tech team helping to test early versions of the CalcTree platform and key features.
Unlike internships at traditional design firms, this role will have you leading work and making decisions with an immediate impact on the direction of the business from day 1. This provides you with a unique opportunity to create tangible value, an experience that will be invaluable for your future career.
We highly recommend that you read more about the benefits of Interning at CalcTree here.
- Get involved in the inner workings of CalcTree and work with us to create a truly innovative platform.
- Create articles, calculations and other resources that engineers worldwide will use.
- Contribute to the product development process by testing cool new features and providing feedback on upcoming designs.
- There are always many rewarding and engaging tasks you get to own and deliver on, which comes with being in a fast-moving and highly motivated startup environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a basic understanding of relevant Australian design codes.
- You have strong skills in MS Excel.
- A basic understanding of data analytics and some abilities in Python is desirable.
- This is an incredible and rare opportunity to launch into an engineering career. Successful interns have landed graduate roles at many top-tier engineering firms due to their involvement with CalcTree.
- Get exposure to the world beyond textbooks. Learn how engineering projects and businesses really work.
- This is a rolling application and we'll be in touch with applicants periodically.
Due to current capacity limits, we're only accepting applicants based on the following criteria:
- You reside in Australia
- You can commit full-time for a minimum of 3 months or more
And the most important bit...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box.
As a company that deeply values diversity and inclusion, we are keen to hear from you even if you don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description. So don't hesitate to hit Apply or reach out and we'll do our best to see if you would be a great fit for the role.
If you're excited by this opportunity and are ready to propel your career forward, we'd love to hear from you. Click here to find out how to apply.