Hello, We are FOBOH
We are FOBOH. We are tackling a problem that impacts how much food ends up in landfill, how many trucks are on the road AND how much you pay for your morning coffee.
FOBOH is an AI-driven SaaS platform enabling Food & Beverage wholesalers to scale sustainably, get paid faster and reduce waste. Our vision is to enable a smarter, simpler and more sustainable wholesale ecosystem.
Ultimately, we want to move the dial on food waste and carbon emissions, and we want you to join us in realising this vision. Guided by our vision, we strive for a positive impact on our environment and people.
We are a group of diverse and passionate humans who are committed to this vision and are pretty good at what we do. You will be a part of a small and ambitious team, solving interesting problems in beautiful ways. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in as an early member of the team and influence the tech build!
We wear our values on our sleeves.
Our values form the foundation of our team and culture, and we strive to live by it every day in all our interactions.
- Radical honesty delivered with kindness
- Strive for equilibrium in our ecosystem
- Leave it better than you found it
- Create with intention
- Be human, be you, be awesome
- Take the scenic route
- Three is better than two, two is better than one
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential. We are committed to building a workplace that values and respects differences, where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We strive to create a culture of inclusivity where all employees, customers, and partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect. We embrace and celebrate diversity in all forms, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, and background.
We believe “great candidates” do not come about purely based on past experiences. What you’ll read below is meant to be a guide, not a checklist - it’s an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you can develop the required capabilities for this role is why we’d really like to hear from you.
Your role as FOBOH’s Lead Engineer
- This is a hands-on role where you will be empowered to make decisions for flagship applications while collaborating closely with the start-up founders and an offshore team.
- You will be a service leader and subject matter expert in engineering and emerging AI technologies, working directly with the CTO and team of engineers to ensure your team members are realising their potential and contributing maximum value to their squads. As a leader and contributor, you will also play an important role working alongside your Chapter members to achieve the mission of their squads
- To be successful in this role, you must be a subject matter expert when it comes to Software Engineering and have very strong technical skills across .NET, Microsoft technologies, cloud native applications. This role will be strategic where you will be working on assessing the backend architecture, exploring and researching new ways of working and advising teams on how they can take the platform and application ecosystem to the next level.
- If you have worked as a Senior .NET Engineer for most of your early career and then moved into a Tech Lead, Solution Architect, Development / Engineering / Technology Manager, Head of Engineering / Technology, we would love to hear from you!
- Start-up, wholesale and distribution experience is valued but not mandatory.
· Promote excellence across the Software Engineering practice.
· Help shape processes, practices, and culture, leading the Engineering roadmap.
· Research and introduce new frameworks, tools, and technologies
· Lead teams, uplift engineering practices and partner with teams to adopt the latest tools and methodologies
· Collaborate with key software vendors across the business.
· Mentor and manage other engineers, influencing decision-makers in the organisation.
Your skills and experience:
· Minimum 12 or more years’ professional experience with relevant technologies such as .Net Core, NodeJS, ReactJS and iOS/Android mobile.
· Five years of line leadership, preferably as a leader of leaders
· Extensive experience with .NET Development and Architecture, ideally in a high-traffic and customer-focused environment.
· Previous success as a Technical Lead / Engineering Manager or above.
· Expertise across Solution Architecture, Design Patterns, Best Practices.
· Exposure to React.js, APIM, GraphQL, NSQL.
· Azure Cloud Platorms.
· Kubernetes / CI/CD / DevOps/GitOps.
· Strong experience in writing clean testable code and capability with BDD, TDD patterns & frameworks, and the drive to ensure that coverage in all areas is always as high as possible.
· Experience working with agile teams.
· Experience mentoring Software Engineers - including designing and rolling out training material.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to work closely with and present to senior stakeholders an executives
· Experience working in and delivering with fast-paced
Last but not least - you're passionate about the impact you could make with us at FOBOH, and want to immerse yourself in Artificial Intelligence and data engineering principles.