Head of Retail
At ORA, we believe that health and wellbeing should be more accessible, convenient and personal. We’re building a modern, digital experience that enables patients to access care on their terms, with brands that deliver high quality, speciality treatments and care for a number of chronic conditions.
We are a house of healthcare brands powered by a vertically integrated telehealth platform. Founded in 2020, ORA is now SEA’s fastest growing digital health provider operating in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines with additional markets being launched soon. Our growing portfolio of healthcare brands includes andSons (men’s health), OVA (women’s health) and Modules (online dermatology).
We have recently closed our Series A round of fundraising, banking the biggest round of any telehealth player in South East Asia and unlocking the next stage of our journey.
Want to be part of it?
About The Position
We are looking for a dynamic and strategic Head of Retail to develop and execute our distribution strategy for all ORA brands across the region. You will design and implement the group’s retail strategy, identifying new retail partners and growing existing through channel activations towards commercial objectives.
You will leverage your commercial and industry know-how to define the group’s vision for retail success, set the strategic direction and create a roadmap for delivery. You will be working closely with the Leadership Team and be responsible for establishing and nurturing strong relationships with a diverse portfolio of retail partners.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the retail industry, with a strong network, excellent communication skills and a proven track record in business development, negotiation and in growing retail operations across multiple markets.
What you’ll do
- Business Development: Identify and close new retail distribution opportunities to grow overall group revenue contribution. You will pitch, negotiate TTAs and close deals with new partners whilst growing existing retail partnerships through increased portfolio sell-in or widening distribution across more doors.
- Activation: Grow sales through in-store activations by building and executing a promotional calendar with key retail partners. Identify potential co-marketing opportunities and develop our in-store POS and merchandising principles.
- Merchandising & Digital Marketing: Work closely with our in house creative team to build best in class online merchandising and in store VM driven by customer insights and journey.
- Brand Launches: Identify and collaborate with distribution partners to unlock new brand launches. Define exclusive product assortments, marketing and communication strategies to ensure launch success. Work with our creative team to create new products, kits and offers unique to retail.
- Business Planning: Manage the full financial planning and forecasting for the channel, driving market strategy and retail expansion to meet commercial objectives.
- Operational Excellence: Work with the wider cross-functional team and our retail partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of business objectives.
What you’ll bring
- A proven track record with at least 5 years experience in business development within the retail industry.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex agreements and build successful partnerships.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in data analysis to make informed decisions.
- Growth mindset with tenacity and resilience to achieve targets despite challenges.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate others and hunger to proactively lead and grow channels to move projects from ideation to execution seamlessly.
- Ability to translate brand vision into business strategy and roadmap for delivery.
Values we want to see
- Curiosity: a growth mindset, a hunger to learn and expand horizons, a genuine interest in the world with the patience and perseverance to get it right.
- Capability: top of their game, unique and rare talent with the potential to build a once in a generation company with us.
- Humility: complete lack of arrogance and skilled at holding themselves accountable with owner mindset. High levels of self-awareness, always wanting to improve, most comfortable in a feedback culture. A true mix of ambition and compassion.
- Execution experience: a focus on disciplined execution. Not just a dreamer, not starting things but never ending them, but rather someone who knows how to get a job done.
- Owner mindset: Not afraid to drive projects with work with proactivity and a solution-orientated approach.