Onsite Front End Software Engineer
***POSITION IS ON-SITE AT OUR LAHORE OFFICE, NON-NEGOTIABLE.***
🚀 Who We Are
👋 Hey there! We are Paismo, a fast-paced, growing HR tech / fintech startup backed by top global investors with an international team across Pakistan, United States, Mexico and Ethiopia. Our mission is to change the way we manage, grow, pay, and up-skill workers around the globe!
We have an amazing team of talented engineers and we’re looking to add a Front End Software Engineer to our onsite team in Lahore, Pakistan. If you’re interested in web/mobile development, working with a fast paced, highly talented team and you love pushing the envelope, then we’d love to talk to you.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you play an important role in making sure we maintain the quality and reliability of our growing products. We are a product-led, fast deploying company and you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the server-side components of web applications and software systems. Your primary focus will be creating an exceptional user experience for our customers. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Back-End Engineers, QA Engineers, designers, and Product Managers, to deliver high-quality software solutions.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging, expert technical environment, we’re the team for you!
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to understand project requirements and user stories.
- Develop and maintain reusable front-end components and libraries to improve development efficiency.
- Optimize web applications for performance and ensure a smooth user experience.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and provide input on design feasibility and implementation.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies to enhance our front-end development processes.
- Work closely with front-end engineers to integrate front-end components with the server-side logic.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues reported by QA and end-users, ensuring timely resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement testing strategies, including unit testing and UI testing.
🤔 Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Front-End Developer or similar role, with a strong portfolio of web applications and projects.
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React
- Strong understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) at our Gulberg (Lahore) office with occasional nightly team syncs with US/Mexico time zones
🚀 Preferred skills
- Go getter, self-starter mentality
🗺️ Our Culture
- We are a global team of iterative, growth minded individuals
- We are accountable, committed to our goals
- We are problem focused and transparent in actions towards achieving goals
- We are team players, honest and caring for each other
- We thrive in environments that enable us to speak up and push for the overall mission of the company, which is to redefine the way workers globally are managed, earn, and grow
🧳 Interview Process
- Please note, for all technical positions, we do Coding Interviews where we validate qualifications
- We may ask for a paid one week to one month Validation Period before offering a full contract