Senior Sustainability Consultant
Pathzero is an Australian technology company on a mission to accelerate the decarbonisation of the global economy. We do this by unifying asset owners, fund managers and the companies they invest in onto one secure platform to calculate and share emissions data.
With bluechip Australian superannuation clients and 400+ fund managers already covering 9,000+ private assets we are well on our way to achieve our missions.
This is a full-time Senior Sustainability Consultant role. The role will primarily be providing sustainability consulting and support services to asset owners (like superannuation funds) and fund managers (to whom money is allocated). This role has a strong focus on financial institutions as a vertical.
The consulting services support the client's use of Pathzero's software solutions to enable them to achieve their sustainability reporting objectives.
Ideal Qualifications, Experience and Working style
- Graduate qualifications in environmental science, sustainability, renewable energy, engineering, accounting or related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years experience in servicing asset owner/manager client base in either a sustainability or financial reporting capacity.
- A working knowledge of asset-level reporting within a fund structure is ideal covering various financial definitions required in portfolio accounting.
- A detailed working knowledge and experience in applying the PCAF Global GHG Accounting and Reporting Standard to calculate financed emissions.
- Working knowledge the GHG Protocols Corporate (Scope 1,2) standard and Value Chain (Scope 3) standard.
- Excellent research, analytical and report writing skills, and some evidence of thought leadership for the purpose of keeping our clients informed.
- Evidence of having built strong client relationships including being solution oriented, attention to detail, quick to respond and efficient time and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of relevant and upcoming emissions reporting regulations and standards like IFRS-S2 and a desire to actively increase professional and specialist knowledge.
- Ability to balance autonomy with building partnerships with customers and working effectively and collaboratively with multiple cross-functional internal teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What can we do for you?
- Apply your strengths to address the issue of climate change
- Flexible working – fantastic office in Sydney CBD (if you are around!)
- Annual office shutdown – don’t use your annual leave for your Christmas break
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Attractive referral bonus scheme
- Regular virtual team events and in person Summer and Winter company celebration in Sydney
If any of this sounds like you (doesn’t need to be all), we encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Pathzero’s values. We are excited to welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Only candidates with full working rights can be considered and must be based in either Australia or New Zealand.