Senior Finance Manager (Bay Area, CA)
Accounting & Finance
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Create The Circular Economy With Us
At Reebelo.com, we empower customers to buy their favorite tech devices in a more sustainable way. Our mission is to refresh the way we all consume tech, delivered through a platform built on sustainable values and quality-assured devices. We are looking for motivated team members like yourself with an innovative mindset. In 2 years we expanded to 7 countries, secured $50M from top investors, and scaled to 8-digit gross sales. Change the world, and supercharge your career with Reebelo!
Find out more: https://reebelo.com/about-us
Overview:We are seeking a highly skilled and qualified Senior Finance Manager to joining our US finance team and to support across all financial activities. This pivotal role requires a qualified accountant with experience in managing accounting, forecasting, tax and financial aspects, essential for scaling our business effectively in the country. You will be part of our Global team and contribute directly to Reebelo's global success.
- Financial Management: Oversee and develop all financial activities in the country, including accounting, tax compliance, and financial reporting with improvements to period end closing a focus.
- Strategic Fundraising Planning: Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising plans aligned with organizational objectives and financial targets. Experience in identifying fundraising opportunities, setting fundraising goals, and executing strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Team Leadership and Mentorship: Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead and mentor finance teams responsible for fundraising, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Advanced Financial Modeling Skills: Proficiency in developing complex financial models to support fundraising initiatives and aid in strategic decision-making. Experience in utilizing advanced Excel functions and financial software to analyze data and forecast financial performance accurately
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills: Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial concepts and forecasts clearly and persuasively to both internal and external stakeholders. Experience in delivering presentations, reports, and financial updates to senior management, board members, and investors.
- Compliance Reporting: Prepare and manage ledger entries, payroll, tax benefits, and contributions reports for regulatory bodies such as social security tax authorities, insurance, pension companies, and others.Balance
- Sheet Reconciliation: Reconcile all balance sheet accounts, including (Intercompany) banking, customers, vendors, and accruals, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Cash Flow and Reporting: Monitor day-to-day transactions, maintain up-to-date books, and prepare comprehensive financial and administrative reports as required.
- Tax Submissions: Ensure timely and accurate submissions to tax authorities (VAT, CIT, Social Security & others)
- Payroll Oversight: Ensure accuracy in payroll calculations made by our local Payroll Manager, oversee payroll software selection and integration, and address any issues related to payroll information and reporting.
- Audits: Experience of managing standard govt audits and fundraising audits in your country.
- Projects: Experience of managing accounting & non accounting projects such as software implementation, forecasting, process improvements & more.
- Qualified Accountant: ACCA/CPA or local equivalent is mandatory.
- Experience: Minimum of 5+ years as an accountant in high-tech companies, with a robust understanding of financial management and compliance.
- Global Exposure: Significant experience working in a global environment, understanding diverse financial regulations and practices.
- Technical Skills: Strong Excel and office skills are essential for data analysis and reporting.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required as-well as local languages.
- Attributes: Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously, and a detail-oriented, problem-solving mindset is a must.
- Team Player: Service-oriented approach, collaborating seamlessly within a team to achieve collective goals.
How we take care of you:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Hybrid work model (2x per week)
- Team events & a great culture!
- Work from any of our offices for a couple of months/year (San Mateo, Miami, Toronto, Melbourne, Auckland, - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong - and more to come)
- Ability to impact and influence business growth
- Birthday leave: Enjoy some you time!
We understand that experience comes in many forms so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you!