AI Research Scientist
Simli exists to make human-computer interaction, well, human. By enabling every developer to build real-time audio-visual conversations and experiences with AI avatars.
Written language as a mode of communication is less than 10,000 years old. We have evolved to communicate using speech and vision, 80% of the information we process is audio-visual, 80% of the media we consume is audio-visual, and 80% of the neurons dedicated to perception are in the visual cortex. We are visual beings, and we need AI avatars we interact with to have a visual representation.
Simli is an early-stage VC-backed startup, we are a team of builders and seasoned entrepreneurs.
As an Applied AI Research Scientist at Simli, you will lead the work in applied AI research of visual and multimodal models for real-time rendering of AI avatar interactions. We are building technologies that developers can use to create completely novel human-AI experiences. You play a leading role in the technical team, reporting directly to the CTO.
- Own the Research, experimentation, and development of new models in the intersection of 3D and vision.
- Contribute to the deployment of these models.
- Lead the effort to publish and open-source our work
- Collaborate with researcher engineers and other team members
- Play an active role in the hiring of new talent within the tech & and R&D team
What are we looking for
We are looking for an individual with:
- Applicants should have a proven history of generating innovative concepts or enhancing existing ideas in the field of machine learning. This should be evidenced by significant achievements, such as being the first author in relevant publications or leading impactful projects in this domain.
- Particularly interesting with candidates with a background from 3D and vision domains.
- Strong coding skills
- Experience and knowledge of model distillation techniques and other optimization approaches is a strong advantage
- Published papers, open-source contributions
- You have put models in production
What we offer:
- Option to work remotely or in offices in Oslo, Norway
- Equity package
- Opportunity and budget for attending tech and academic conferences.
- Budget for co-working space if remote