Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Simli exists to make human-computer interaction, well, human. By enabling every developer to build real-time audio-visual conversations and experiences with AI avatars.
Written language as a mode of communication is less than 10,000 years old. We have evolved to communicate using speech and vision, 80% of the information we process is audio-visual, 80% of the media we consume is audio-visual, and 80% of the neurons dedicated to perception are in the visual cortex. We are visual beings, and we need AI avatars we interact with to have a visual representation.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Simli, you will be at the forefront of developing and integrating cutting-edge generative AI technologies into our audio-visual conversation platforms. Your role focuses on creating and improving real-time AI interaction systems. You will be pivotal in developing and refining machine learning models, including large language models (LLMs), text-to-speech (TTS), and advanced audio-visual processing algorithms. These will be both building on 3rd party apis, open-source models as well as proprietary ones. This position is instrumental in shaping the future of human-AI interactions, with a strong emphasis on visual and auditory perception.
- Developing low latency AI interaction systems, focusing on improvement of indvidual components of the system including, LLM's, TTS, speech-2-3D, and 3D to video. As well as the system in its entirety.
- Architecting and implementing APIs.
- Leading the deployment of our ML APIs on cloud infrastructure, including GPU-accelerated inference.
- Collaborating closely with the AI model development team.
- Guiding and delegating tasks to junior developers.
- Actively participating in hiring new tech team talent.
We are looking for an individual with:
- A track record of building, training, and putting ml models in production.
- Track record of shipping high-quality software.
- Exceptional coding skills.
- Experience in creating and executing technical product roadmaps.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and docker.
- Solid background in Python, Pytorch.
- Experience working across various forms of backend development
- Expertise in API development and deployment.
- Proficiency in low-level programming, optimization, cuda is huge plus.
What we offer:
- Option to work remotely or in offices in Oslo, Norway
- Equity package
- Opportunity and budget for attending tech and academic conferences.
- Budget for co-working space if remote