Who we are
Haven’t you always wanted one single place for all things travel? To be inspired, plan, book and reminisce with just a few swipes? The Unravel App does all this and more. Its visually immersive experience guides travellers as they discover and co-plan their dream vacations joyfully, using the finest in AI. If you are passionate about all things travel and would like to explore current openings at Unravel, get in touch.
Unravel launched on the App Store (https://unravelapp.com/download/) in November 2021 and will soon be available on Play Store as well. The company is seed funded by Quantbox Research and started its operations in late 2020 – it has built a diverse team of 40 engineers, data scientists, creatives, designers and video editors in UK, Singapore, India, Ukraine and Indonesia since then.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced talent manager, who will help us to continuously raise the bar on our hiring processes across all the countries we operate out of. We are looking for someone committed to diversity and inclusion to play a vital role in supporting our ambitious growth strategy as we look to double the size of the team. You’ll have a strong background in recruitment, refining HR processes and focusing on people operations (preferably in a high-growth startup).You love challenges and are a driven problem solver. You know how to disagree and can elucidate why. You bring energy and clarity to problem solving sessions.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to be a part of the early founding team and work alongside ambitious, goal-driven, outcome-oriented colleagues with a successful track record in scaling start-ups. The position has unrivalled opportunities for personal growth, opportunity to mobilize a global startup into a world class organization, along with a competitive compensation package that rewards every significant milestone.
- Working with the teams to plan and forecast roles for future growth
- Developing our recruitment, interview, selection and hiring processes, to deliver inclusive and unbiased outcomes
- Identifying great pools of talent to recruit from, ensuring maximum diversity
- Being responsible for a number of vacancies concurrently, sometimes covering a variety of disciplines – managing these through the full recruitment lifecycle
- Building and executing our campus hiring strategy for product, engineering and creative teams across countries
- Managing and improving pre-, on-, and off-boarding processes
- Developing core HR policies, processes, talent capability building across functions with a roadmap for scaling up talent management for
Requirements for the role:
The ideal candidate would have 4+ years of hands-on experience
- MBA or relevant degree or strong generalist HR experience and knowledge
- Proven ability to seek out, attract and to hire top talent through a mix of outreach and great hiring practices
- Experience of advising business partners on HR issues, and of coaching more junior staff
- 3+ years of experience in HR/recruitment, with startup or scaleup experience good to have
- An eye for detail
- Emotionally intelligent and an excellent communicator
- Broad people knowledge and experience
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
How you work?
- Bias towards action: You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Ability to improve teams: You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on huge tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Empathy: Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you’ll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.