Head of Finance
Head of Finance
The Head of Finance role is a critical function in the business to manage the day-to-day finance operations, including the treasury, budgeting, cash management, forecasting and internal and external financial reporting.
Working closely with the CEO and supported by the Founders’ Associate, you will also be responsible for the financial model, both for internal budgeting and reporting, as well as a forecasting model for current and potential future investors to analyse the business. You will also co-lead the planned next funding round for the business in Q4 2023/Q1 2024 alongside the CEO.
Day to day, you will focus on the following:
- Lead the internal financial operations of the business, including oversight of the invoicing, payments & financial process flows, budgeting and internal expense management
- Monthly, Quarterly and ad-hoc reporting to the board and lead investors on the financial performance of the business
- Preparation of internal and external presentations including attribution and variance analysis as required by existing and potential new investors
- Maintain and update the financial model and other internal financial reporting tools
- Work collaboratively with the company’s accountants to perform financial reconciliaitions and ensure correct and accurate reporting, including review of the monthly Management Accounts
- Identify, analyse, and recommend strategic opportunities (new market entry, additional revenue streams, strategic partnerships, potential acquisitions, etc)
- Work collaboratively with the heads of the other divisions in the business to implement strategic initiatives (cost savings, investing in additional tools), as well as guiding them on financial budgeting and tracking of financial KPI’s and OKR’s
- Work directly under the CEO on high priority projects to support growth and solve problems across the whole organisation
- Have autonomy to identify and dig into areas for improvement, using data-driven analysis as needed, and design a solution
- Conduct market analysis and track competitor information
Fundraising & Investor Relations:
- Work closely with the CEO to create and execute a strong fundraising strategy
- Preparation of financial analysis, presentations and other fundraising materials such as pitch decks and operational models as required to facilitate the implementation of a capital raise
- Preparation of additional transaction-related materials, including but not limited to process letters, timetables, assistance in term sheet drafting and negotiation and other applicable workstreams (eg review and input on drafting of transaction-specific legal agreements)
- Manage relationships with existing and potential new investors
- Finance and Accounting background
- Strong analytical and technical skills, particularly in relation to financial modelling and forecasting
- Track record of high performance across the various work streams detailed above and ability to context switch between these
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritise deliverables, navigate ambiguity and create and maintain structure within and across business units when needed
- You are a hyper-logical and structured thinker; you can break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work
- Curiosity and passion for problem-solving, with a strong appetite for growth
- Collaborative working style with strong people-skills and experience working in teams under pressure
- Able to work on multiple projects in parallel, across different functions of the business
- Execution-orientated with a real sense of urgency
- Competitive compensation package including equity options in the business
- An opportunity to be integral to the DNA & culture of this company as it embarks on its next phase of growth
- Learning & training budget
Salary range: 55.000 SEK to 65.000 SEK per month with options up to 800.000 SEK
Join the retail revolution and be part of creating a brand-new industry
ProptechOpportunity to be part in a growing proptech startup in a very hyped industry
Responsibility & DevelopmentA role and position that enables you to be part of building and shaping an industry, company and a team An opportunity to make a difference with great impact opportunities for future development
ExpansionTake part of our journey as we grow and approach other markets in Europe and Asia
Next Gen Retail Hub
Our office is located at the Next Gen Retail Hub. A space made for the innovators and companies that are driving and creating solutions for the next generation of retail.
This space is run by our main partner WorkShop. It is a space where we can all thrive, share knowledge, inspire, and push each other to create the next level of shopper and brand experiences.
At xNomad we look for great personalities. The bottom line is that you should be bright and have grit. We welcome everyone to apply if you feel it suits you and let’s have a chat to see if you could be right for the role.
Head of Finance
Already working at xNomad?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.