Two is bringing the very best of B2C e-commerce to B2B. We’re passionate about building solutions that enable B2B Merchants to sell more, faster, and more efficiently. Growing 30% month-on-month, our goal is to become the world’s largest B2B payment solution by 2027. We’re backed by the very best VCs in the world — raised over €30m from Sequoia, Shine, Local Globe, Antler, Posten and influential angel investors in Fintech.
Two is built by a passionate and energetic team with second-time founders with successful exits. We are a small, but mighty team leading Two into new countries. We have a global mindset, but deeply understand local nuance. We are entrepreneurs at heart, problem-solving to launch new countries end to end. We are team players that execute diligently from ideation to reality. We believe in diversity in opinions and ideas and expect all employees to think like an owner.
Two is a remote-friendly company with a flexible working policy that caters to both onsite and remote teams. Our talent hubs are in London, Oslo, Glasgow, and Stockholm. We’re also open to Cardiff applicants for this role. Our preference is to hire near these hubs, but we will consider applications from anywhere in similar timezones.
Design at Two:
At Two, we aspire far beyond functional design. Our products reflect our strong customer empathy and commitment to solving real problems. We believe that design can be a key driver to help Two continue stepping out from the crowd of our competition.
As a team, we don’t want to just be “the Figma guys”. Of course, prototyping and mocking up designs are important, but we think design is much more than what you see on the screen. Our design inputs (customer understanding) are just as important as our design outputs.
We want to become the case study for innovative product design in the payment industry.
About the role
There’s a lot you can expect from a product design role at Two. We encourage proactive attitudes and taking charge, so there’s scope to mould this role into your own.
Your day to day:
- Spending time with customers and customer facing teams to build customer empathy.
- Joining calls with prospective or existing customers.
- Identifying why customers abandoned their checkout.
- Aligning with customer support teams to understand current customer problems.
- Developing wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for both web and mobile applications, ensuring a consistent and visually appealing user experience.
- Turning the complexities of B2B payments into intuitive UIs for our customers.
- Contributing to our component library and working with our front-end developer team to implement a design-system for our future.
- Working with product managers and developers to break designs down into deliverable iterations, and learn from deliveries.
- Fostering a culture of design thinking across wider teams at Two, by helping others understand why their decisions may impact the customer’s experience.
- Engaging with the product team and customer support teams to validate design decisions.
- Conducting “developer kick offs” to align with developers about expected UI behaviour.
- Supporting the QA of key deliveries pre-release.
- Staying ahead of industry trends, emerging technologies, and design best practices to ensure the continuous evolution of your design approach.
- Presenting design concepts and rationales to stakeholders, actively seeking feedback and approvals to drive design excellence.
We’re not expecting you to have been dreaming of better B2B payments for years. But an understanding of the essence of what we’re building is important.
- Able to simplify the complex.
Possess examples of times you’ve taken a complex situation and turned it into an intuitive experience for customers.
- Full-stack designer.
Experience that spans wider than the design tool you use. You don’t fear getting to know customer problems, and you relish turning them into high-fidelity prototypes that showcase how to solve them.
- Customer-centric focus.
Demonstrate empathy towards customers, understanding their needs, and leverage your experience in customer interactions.
- Proactive approach.
Exhibit a proactive attitude, demonstrating a willingness to dive into tasks, organise projects effectively, set targets, and take ownership.
- Natural curiosity.
You don’t rely on others to bring you tasks, you’re keen to learn and engage proactively.
- Team player.
Understand the challenges engineers face and work with them to find the most efficient root to solving the customer problem.